Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Busy Summer So Far


 It has certainly been a busy summer! We have made it 4 patterns in to the Summer Series, with an extra raptor who nudged his way into the mix. To be completely honest with you all I'm getting burnt out fast.
I had so many plans at the beginning of the summer and I really believe that a temporary "sugar high" like event was to blame. At the time I was floating on cloud nine from my husband's victory over cancer and the reality of summer was glazed over. The reality of summer, especially this summer, is a lot of work. I now have 3 energetic kids at home all day and they all need mommy "summer school" to prep them for their next grade. Then there is the subject of what the heck happened to my house during this cancer hibernation, it's a bit frightening, we are about a month and a half out of the woods and I'm still sorting out the hoard. On top of that I decided to drop a huge workload on my shoulders with a strict timeline, I really have no idea what I was thinking.




I don't want to miss this time to play with my kids or to get dirty and garden. I don't want to spend my summer hunched over a sewing machine or computer while my kids miss me from the next room. I love what I do, but I love my family more and I always will.


That being said, I am not giving up on the Summer Series, I am just making the schedule a bit more flexible. I work from home, I love working from home, the chaos fuels my creativity, but it isn't exactly the ideal environment for strict work schedules. I do want to give this blog more attention, I have thoughts to share, tutorials to make and even some peeks "behind the scenes" to give a look at my irregular process.

 Thank You
N.P.








3 comments:

  1. When I saw you post that schedule, my thought was, "Wow! That's a lot of softies in a short time!" Enjoy your summer and time with your family. Work when you have a free moment. Get the patterns out as you can. We will wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just recently found you and love what you do, but family comes first, especially a young little family and especially after the trauma you have been through. Take time off, enjoy your summer, enjoy your husband and kids and have some me time, you so deserve it. We'll still be here when you come back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your patterns, especially the dragons. What are your feelings on people selling finished items from your patterns as long as they give you credit on the tags?

    ReplyDelete